Colchester Hospitals Charity CoHoCMaking Colchester's hospitals event better
Since Essex County Hospital was founded in 1820, hospitals in Colchester have been supported by generous benefactors and the kindness of the people of north east Essex. CoHoC continues to co-ordinate and develop that support for the benefit of Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust (the Trust)Trust, its patients and staff.CoHoC helps the Trust do more for the patients cared for by its staff. Often, there is a new piece of equipment, more up-to-date technologies, and newer fixtures and fittings that will improve the patients’ environment. It’s these extras – some small, some large – which are above and beyond the scope of the NHS budget that really make a difference to patients and the care that our staff can deliver.
CoHoC works in these key areas:
- improving the hospital environment for patients and staff
- new equipment
- additional staff training and education.
Recent examples of items paid for by voluntary donations include:
• digital heart scanner for the Special Care Baby Unit (£42,323)
• more comfortable chairs for patients receiving radiotherapy at Essex County Hospital (£2,979)
• a water cooler for patients attending clinics (£76)
• materials for the award-winning Tiptree Box’ which is used to help patients with dementia (£240).
Visit Colchester Hospitals Charity CoHoC: